Blog Archive

Monday, June 8, 2009

My thoughts on writing...

Writing is a much more daunting task than I imagined it would be. At least that's the way I feel know as I sit at my computer, with ideas for a new book in my brain.

The first book that I'd attempted was a children's book and was hand written first, then typed. I think my thoughts flow better when I put pen to pad than fingers to keys. The latter, makes room for so many other interuptions to bombard their way into my psyche; TweetDeck notifications, Facebook notifications, Email notifications and the like are slowly pulling me away from the matter at hand, not to mention the birds singing , the bees buzzing, the ambulance I hear in the distance and what's worst is that my cup of coffee is now an empty cup that won't magically refill itself.

Are all these caused by the Adult Attention Deficit Disorder I must have or is it simply that I am not focused?

What ever the case may be, I feel I must sign off, find my favorite pen and empty journal (I collect them) and continue my self-assigned task of writing.

'cause there's another story in me waiting to be told...

No comments: